For the Base:
5 cups of rhubarb
3 cups of strawberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
For the Crumble:
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
1. Cut the rhubarb and strawberries into large bite sized pieces.
2. Toss the fruit with sugar and flour and put into a casserole dish.
3. Mix the crumble ingredients together until well combined.
4. Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, until the crumble is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
6. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Note: You may want to put the casserole dish on a cookie sheet when placing in the oven in case it bubbles over.