Ingredients for the salad:
1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
1 1/2 cups crumbled seasoned feta cheese
2 cups of chopped cucumber
1 pack cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
4 green onions, chopped
Ingredients for the dressing:
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook orzo in large pot of salted, boiling water. Ensure orzo is cooked al dente, approximately 8-10 minutes
2. Drain orzo in colander, rinse with cold water to stop the orzo from continuing to cook.
3. Add feta, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and green onions
4. Combine lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and olive oil in small bowl.
5. Add dressing into the orzo salad and mix well.
6. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving for flavours to meld.
NOTE: Artichoke hearts, capers or pine nuts are awesome additions as well!